Hmm…Poetry 365 nominated me for a Liebster Award. I’m stunned. Thank you, Nathan. Did I say I’m stunned? https://Poetry-365.com is a wonderful blog, full of thought, emotion, and humor (American spelling :-)), and yeah, poetry.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and add a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate 11 bloggers that you think deserves the award
- Ask 11 innovative questions to the ones you have nominated
- Remember to notify your nominees once you have uploaded your acknowledgement post.
The Poet’s Questions (My Answers)
1. Are you a cat, dog, mouse, or fish person? (Explain why…)
I am a dog person. I enjoy cats, too, but I like the perpetual honesty of a dog. They can be goofy and are, for me, wonderful company.
2. What was your first music album / CD? (What was your last? Damn you, Spotify!!)
My first record was 16 Tons, by Tennessee Ernie Ford. The last album I got is Ghosts of West Virginia, by Steve Earle.
3. Which is your favourite Beatle and why?
Tough question. Initially, I loved all of them. As the years passed, I settled on George. He was always discovering himself as a musician and songwriter. I think he wrote the deepest material.
4. If you could be any character from fiction or movie, who and why?
I’d love to be Jasper Cronk, a character in my novel Ochoco Reach. He lives on a beach outside of San Blas, Mexico, surfs most every day, has a lovely daughter, and knows enough to keep smiling and being the best friend he can be to the people who love him. I aspire.
5. What was your most disastrous date night? Tell all the gory details!
Hmm. Never dated much. Probably when I took a girl to the drag races and discovered she didn’t like cars OR noise. It was a short evening. What really tore it was me offering the filters from my cigarettes as ear plugs.
6. No regrets. But, what is your biggest regret? (No politics)
I wish I’d been kinder when I was young. I was directly responsible for a couple broken hearts. I probably could have made it easier.
7. What was your scariest weather moment?
A sou’wester here on the north Oregon coast. It blew over 80 MPH for eight hours. I lay in bed and felt the old house twist like you’d wring out a wash cloth. There were two 40-foot ancient fruit trees in the front yard, a plum and an apple. Somehow, they survived it. So did we.
8. What is your favourite city? Explain why?
Trick question. I don’t really like cities. Not my comfort zone. But I’d say it’s a toss-up between Portland, Oregon and San Diego, California. Portland because of it’s quirky attitudes and scenic beauty. San Diego because it has the best weather on the planet. Also, the ocean frames it beautifully.
9. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
A musician. A writer. Oddly enough, that’s who I turned out to be.
10. If you could make a mixtape (OK? or, a spotify playlist), which are the first 5 tracks?
John Prine: Blue Umbrella; Lyle Lovett: If I Had a Boat; Steve Earle: Copperhead Road; Little Feat: Dixie Chicken; Dire Straits: Calling Elvis. This list would be different tomorrow.
11. You have the luxury of writing your own epitaph. Please tell us all? (and make us cry…)
He was a lazy man who followed the flow of his life in his boat of music and literature. He never asked much of others, but he demanded much from himself. He was kind and loved with his entire being. His greatest assets were his family and friends.
My Nominations (Random Order):
My Questions for my nominees:
- If you could share a meal with anyone from history, who would it be? Why?
- Who is your favorite human being of all time. Why?
- Do you have a favorite animal?
- What was your most embarrassing experience ever? Does it still make you blush?
- Have you ever been afraid when flying?
- Would you rather sail a boat or drive a dogsled?
- If you had to lose one of your five senses, which would you choose?
- Are you a city person or a country person? Both? Why?
- Kayaking or mountain climbing?
- What was your most memorable meal? Why?
- For what would you like to be most remembered?
Have fun with this.
I am honored you thought of my site to for this, Jim.
very cool, and I like your answers, and your questions too….
Anne Stewart firstname.lastname@example.org
I roared at your disastrous date night (offering cigarette filters as earplugs). Love everything on your mixtape. Delighted that you became what you wanted to be growing up. Your epitaph was utterly moving.
Thank you so much for thinking of me with the Liebster nomination. Your questions are excellent. Gives me a base from which to create my next post. We have just thrown off the dock lines and are sailing to Puerto Peñasco, so it will take a bit of time before I get the next post out.
You deserve every award there is Jim. Thank you for your creativity and kindness. დ
Thank you Cindy…that means a lot coming from you.